VOLUNTARIADO INTERNACIONAL – Itália (2428) – Projeto de Educação social com a população Idosa
Duração: 9 meses de 07-12-2012 a 07-09-2013
Horário: 5 dias por semana, 5 horas por dia. Férias: 2 dias por cada mês de duração de projeto
Condições: Alojamento, Alimentação, Viagens, vistos, vacinas, Seguro, formação linguística, Acompanhamento pessoal, ciclo de formação e avaliação, férias (2 dias por cada mês), transporte local, subsídio mensal (115,00€).
The project plans the involvement of European volunteers in the
organization, helping operators (educators and entertainers) in carrying
out the educative and entertainment activities.
The volunteers will be a support in the realization of projects
which are thought by the educators and the entertainers' coordinator in
order to improve motor, cognitive and visual abilities of elderly
people. In addition to this, the volunteers can talk to them increasing
their cultural knowledge.
The volunteers will dedicate most of their time to entertainment
activities with the opportunity to improve them with new proposals,
ideas and suggestions according to their abilities, motivations and
We are convinced that the volunteers, being able to test their
strength in such an experience as the European Voluntary Service, are
young people full of resources, gifted with personal initiative and
creativity. Their presence and their help will represent for us an
important support in the realization of our activities and in the
improvement of the quality of life of our guests.
- Ability to work with elderly and dependent people, some of them suffering from Alzheimer
1. ACTIVITIES WITH ELDERLY PEOPLE
- collaborating with the entertainment staff during outdoor and indoor activities:
reading and commenting on short stories taken from books and
newspapers, games whose aim is stimulation and reasoning, one-to-one
entertainment through dialogue, caresses and smiles; help in the
orientation to reality, sensorial stimulation, activities for
encouraging relations among elderly people, among guests and the whole
organization; work activities in groups with the support of multimedia
instruments, as well;
- supporting the staff during the moments of surveillance or during the main meals of the guests
2. ENTERTAINMENT ACTIVITIES WHICH ARE ORGANISED IN THE ORGANIZATION
- repetition training, recognition or completion of lists of words, couples of words, numbers
- sequences of events to reorder according to a logical connection
- reading and comment on short stories taken from book and newspapers
- linguistic games (similarities, vocabulary);
- vision and comment on a movie;
- group of reminiscence in which elderly people live again their
life stimulated and helped by the information collected in the personal
dossier or by personal objects.
3. Therapy of orientation to reality through the information about
year, month, day, time, place that are provided to elderly people
through the calendar at the beginning and during the day usually before
the reading of a newspaper;
4. Discussion group and the reworking of past experiences with a
special attention to the enhancement of the emotive situation and their
self confidence and stimulation od reduction of the depressive feelings;
5. Entertainment activities organised outside the structure or with external collaborations:
- Excursions, sea stays, outings to the market or to the mall;
- Visits to parents, friends or other structures,
- Organisation of cultural and recreational events in which the elderly people are protagonists or audience,;
6. Participation to events organised by the community or other institutions
- The volunteers will have the opportunity to create their own
project with people suffering from Alzheimer (supporting them for
example during the session of music-therapy or art-therapy) and with
other elderly people (suggesting creative activities as manual works,
music that could stimulate the cognitive functions and memory).
The day in the Home for Elderly People is organized in two shifts, as follows:
8.30 assistance for the breakfast helping elderly people;
9-11:00 entertainment activities (in the morning the local newspaper
is usually read and commented with elderly people, going to the mass in
the church inside the home, outings to the market are organised when
the weather is sunny);
11-12 assistance for the lunch supporting elderly people;
12-14.30 lunch break in the canteen of the structure;
14.30-17.30 entertainment (in the afternoon to elderly people are
usually proposed activities as bingo, knitting, puzzle, crosswords,
discussion groups, creation of objects during the work therapy, singing,
music therapy, theme parties and birthday parties, outings to the
shopping centre are organized, etc);
17.30-18.30 assistance for the dinner supporting elderly people.
Except for the support during meals, volunteers won't be required to provide other assistance activities
The home for elderly people is open for others from 08.00 till 20.00.
Volunteers are required to respect the following regulation which is given to them upon their arrival:
1) the flat has to be periodically cleaned and kept tidy;
2) the hall outside the apartments must be cleaned, tidy and ventilated;
3) it is forbidden to introduce food of the canteen in the hall or in the rooms;
4) the timetable of the meals must be respected, as well as the reservation for dishes;
5) it is strictly forbidden to allow non resident people to enter
the organization: the only exceptions are admitted upon agreement with
6) electronic equipments (TV, DVD and video recorders) can be used
but cannot be moved to a place different from that assigned to them.
Volunteers who work in our organization are constantly supported by
the staff. All of them must conform to the safety rules provided for by
the internal "Prevention and Protection Plan".
Volunteers will be supplied with all the necessary instruments, such as clothes and tools to work in total security.
Furthermore, European volunteers could daily relay on the suspension of the mentor and the director and the staff of the organization.
Documentação: CV e Carta de Motivação em inglês
Mais Informações: http://www.sve.pt/vaga/aberta/2428/
Envie hoje mesmo a sua candidatura para: